Friday, August 16, 2013

Natalie Ann Pack Plastic Surgery Nose Jobs Before and After

Miss California Natalie Ann Pack Loves Her New Nose

It’s not unusual for beauty contestants to get cosmetic procedures, and it’s not that Pack, age 22 and a professional model, wasn’t attractive to begin with.
“I basically made a 9 into a 10,” said Dr. Jeffrey Rawnsley of  Rawnsley Plastic Surgery in an interview on Thursday.

Natalie Ann Pack, who plans on going to medical school, competed in the pageant as “Miss Hoag Hospital”, where she is an intern.

Cinematographer Jonathan Schwarz previously shot Pack talking about her plastic surgery in a before-and-after video. You can see it here.

In the video, Pack explains that her nose was broken as a kid when she was on a trampoline and her brother hit her nose with his knee. That led to various medical problems for her, too, she says.

She was “just shocked” to see how different she appears after her procedure. 

“I look in the mirror every morning and I’m so happy with the way I look,” she says in the video. ”I literally feel like this is what I was supposed to have … I can breathe now, I don’t get headaches, I can sleep, my pictures are better for modeling, my career is taking off.”
I’ve also put in a request to interview Pack and am hoping to hear from her, and that we will be able to show some of her modeling photos.
The blog on the doctor’s website says:

“She was concerned about the asymmetry of her nose as well as an overall feeling of visual heaviness. Dr. Rawnsley reviewed the photos with her, did digital imaging to simulate difference approaches, and together they mapped out a plan to improve her facial symmetry and increase the delicacy of her features.

“The procedure was performed endonasally [reshaping the nose from the inside], minimizing scarring and reducing healing time. Dr. Rawnsley straightened Natalie’s nose and refined the tip and the profile.”
I paired the two photos above randomly off the video, and I think they show Pack’s face at slightly different angles.
But I asked Rawnsley, anyway: Aside from the nose job, did she have any other facial work done? Her chin looks a bit different. Was it just the angle or lighting?
Plastic surgery is common amongst the beauty pageant crowd. But not every crowned beauty admits to procedures, making new Miss California Natalie Ann Pack unique for opening up about her recent nose job.
22-year old professional model and UCI student Natalie Ann Pack was recently named Miss California. In addition to her new title, Natalie apparently also had nose surgery, to help correct the appearance of her nose after a childhood injury left her with a misshapen nose and medical problems.

In a video, Natalie says of her new nose, “I look in the mirror every morning and I’m so happy with the way I look,” she says in the video. ”I literally feel like this is what I was supposed to have … I can breathe now, I don’t get headaches, I can sleep, my pictures are better for modeling, my career is taking off.”
London plastic surgeon Dr. Julian de Silva specializes in facial plastic surgery says, “Natalie Ann Pack has a beautiful nose, with an elegant bridge and defined tip, there is no pinching of the tip and her nose looks natural. Importantly her nose fits both her face and physique. At 6 feet tall Natalie needed a nose that was proportional to her size, a small nose would have looked artificial. Natalie is not unusual in that she had a beautiful face to begin with, having rhinoplasty has given her a nose that fits her face, and she looks better and natural.

The other consideration with noses that have had trauma is function of the nose and breathing difficulties. Traumatic damage can affect the internal structural support of the nose and this is an important consideration with rhinoplasty to ensure that breathing through the nose is good after a cosmetic procedure. Rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging of cosmetic procedures, it is technically demanding with fractions of millimetres making the difference between a natural looking nose and one that looks over-scooped or pinched, the hallmarks of surgery.”

Natalie Ann Pack had plastic surgery to improve her self image. The before & after pictures show that she had nose job. Overall, was Natalie Ann Pack's cosmetic surgery procedure a good or bad idea?