Monday, April 8, 2013

Alexa Ray Joel Plastic Surgery Facelift and Nose Job Before and After Photos

Christie Brinkley and Alexa Ray Joel get mother/daughter plastic surgery, report says

Alexa Ray Joel talked to People magazine about her new nose job, saying she felt “really good” about the new schnoz.

But Star magazine said that’s just half of the story.

The celebrity tabloid is reporting that mom Christie Brinkley went in for a “mini face lift” at the same hospital within 24 hours of her daughter’s operation.

Joel said of her own surgery that  “I was self-conscious of pictures taken from the side. To some people that’s vain, but at the end of the day, we all want to feel pretty.”

Alexa Ray Joel tells People magazine she couldn't be happier with her new nose...

"I was thinking about getting this for years," says the 24-year-old. "[My nose] always bothered me a little bit. I was self-conscious of pictures taken from the side. To some people that's vain, but at the end of the day, we all want to feel pretty."

It seems like life and culture run in cycles with what’s old becoming new again.

Back in 2005, at the height of the plastic surgery boom, a common occurrence was for couples – husbands and wives, parents and siblings, boy-and-girl friends, gal pals and others – to go under the knife together.

That’s exactly what supermodel Christie Brinkley and her singer-songwriter daughter Alexa Ray Joel did recently.

Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley's daughter Alexa Ray got a nose job earlier this month, she told People.

"I was thinking about getting this for years," said Alexa, 24. She said her nose "always bothered me a little bit. I was self-conscious of pictures taken from the side. To some people that's vain, but at the end of the day, we all want to feel pretty."

Alexa said that she's done with plastic surgery and would never mess with her body like Heidi Montag did. She added that she waited to get the procedure until she was in a better place than she was in December when she overdosed on pills in an attempt to harm herself.

"Would it have been smart to get this procedure last year?" she said. "No. I didn't know who I was." But now, "I feel really good."

Singer/songwriter Alexa Ray Joel, daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley, wants to set the record straight on rumors she may have had work done.

In a Facebook post, Joel addresses recent stories on TMZ and Daily Mail, suggesting she underwent breast enhancement. She wrote, “Aside from getting Rhinoplasty-Surgery a few years ago-- [which I have been blatantly honest and candid about in the past]-- I have not had any further work done. (Not on my face, or anywhere else- for that matter.) I fervently believe that it should be every woman's imperative to love, accept, embrace, and celebrate their exterior BUT: the act putting your ‘best self’ forward in every sense of the word involves work that's rooted from within.”

Alexa continued, “Multiple Plastic Surgeries is NOT something that I support, endorse, encourage, or even remotely participate in. As for the difference in my pictures slated in the articles below: It's simply the stark-visual contrast between effectively-applied makeup [check out Caitlin Monahan on Facebook for a completely natural "cosmetic lift" with only makeup!] and no makeup at all